Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Mmmm....mmmmm.....dressing!

A family recipe again, tweaked. I try to sneak the healthier stuff past The Man whenever I can. I bet he won't even know until he reads this post.

GF dressing

1 pound ground turkey breast (original calls for hamburger; I used to use a mix of hamburger and pork sausage)
1 cup onion, roughly chopped
1 cup celery, roughly chopped
olive oil
Chicken stock or broth
12 Van's plain waffles
3 eggs
1/2 cup milk

Put about 3 tbsp olive oil in the bottom of a pan. Add the turkey, onion and celery; cook until turkey is done. Pour into a blender and pulse until it looks nasty (see picture below). You will need to add chicken stock/broth so it whirrs.



Dump the "mess" into a big bowl. This is when you add salt, pepper, (both to taste) and about 1 1/2 tsps of ground sage.


At this point tonight, I am throwing it into the fridge and declaring my chefdom over for the evening. Final deets tomorrow.

...Thanksgiving Day...

Toast 12 waffles VERY WELL. While they are cooling, beat 3 eggs and pour the milk into the "mess." If you like to live dangerously (I do), taste the "mess" for seasoning. Add sage as needed. When the waffles are cooled, break into small (1 inch) pieces. Mash into the mess. You now have dressing.

Bake an hour to an hour and a half in a 350 degree oven.

No comments: