Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Eating a madwoman...pizza

Since going GF, I have made pizza several times. The last time, I glutened myself somehow, so I am giving myself a homemade pizza break.

About 4 PM today, The Man called to let me know he'd had a big lunch and to not make dinner. OK, then....what am I going to eat? I didn't want leftovers from last night - the parmesan risotto was TOO parm-y for me, so it met my friend, the garbage disposal.

On the way home, I debating taking a detour to the grocery store to find something that appealed. But you know what they say about going to the grocery store when you're hungry, so I nixed that idea and just drove home...

...and when I got there, two boxes were on the front porch waiting for me. My Natural Farms order. I had ordered several weeks ago (they are only in the area once a month) so I had forgotten what should be in the box.

Rice-almond bread...blueberry and buckwheat waffles...tomato sauce...GF salad dressings...Madwoman veggie pizzas.... PIZZAS! Little pizzas perfectly sized for one. Dinner is served!





I usually prefer a homemade pizza, but if you're in a time crunch, need a lunch for work (they're microwaveable), or are cooking for one tonight, these are definitely not a bad way to go. I preheated my GF toaster oven to 400, popped it in for about 12 minutes, and had dinner before my cats had cleaned their plates.



Sorry no cooked picture - I was starving. LOL

No comments: