Saturday, December 16, 2006

Fudge and Peppermint Bark


Fudge has been a staple at Christmas for pretty much everybody, I think. It's the first thing I remember making with my Greatgrandma, Celia. She would come and spend a week at our house, which I both loved and hated. I loved it because we only got to see her once every blue moon and she spoiled me rotten with hugs, kisses, and teaching me to bake; I hated it because I had to share a bed with...OH MY GOD, MY SISTER.

Celia's fudge is only for hardcore chocoholics, which I am not. I haven't made it since the last time she was at my parents' house. Nowadays, I take the easy way out and use the recipe on the Marshmallow Fluff container.

The peppermint bark is new. Garrett and a number of other people make it with only white chocolate. The recipe I used, and god only knows where it is right now, involved both white and semisweet. When I find it, I will add it to this post.

No comments: