Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Starving



I told The Man I wasn't cooking tonight because I had to dip the insides of the soon-to-be-truffles that were sitting in the fridge from Sunday. So he went off in search of dinner. I got done with the truffles and realized that I was hungry, so I pulled a piece of salmon out of the fridge (he even hates the smell) and figured I would make some quinoa to go with it.

20 minutes later, while staring at the low-defrosting salmon, I debated the length of time it would take to make dinner and how hungry I was. I decided I was starving and that there was no way in hell I was going to be able to wait to eat salmon and quinoa. I would put my hands on nasty gluten-y stuff first. I know myself well.

Out of the freezer came 2 slices of Food for Life Rice Almond bread. Into the toaster oven it went.

Into the microwave went a scrambled egg.

Out of the fridge came a brick of cheddar cheese.

Voila - one of my ultimate comfort foods. An egg sandwich.

And I was done eating before the quinoa would have been half done.





Oh, and by the way... If you happen to make turtles for Christmas candy, please remember to GREASE THE WAX PAPER. I have to throw away 2 batches because my head was up my butt when making them. I can't get them off the paper. Grrrr.....

No comments: