Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Interview by Flamenco Mom

Flamenco Mom emailed me 5 interview questions at my request. I thought it was a cute idea - a chance to get to know whose stuff you're reading!

1. What is your favorite meal to cook? Well. I just love to cook, period. But if I had to pick something...it would have to be cheesecake. Because no matter how it looks coming out of the oven, you can cover it up with something and it still tastes good!

2. You've just won the Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, darling. What do you do after Ed McMahon hands you the giant check? After picking myself up off the floor since I never win ANYTHING, I would call the boss, then pay off all our debt, then start the ball rolling to open a natural foods store. Oh, and buy myself a rose-gold Powell flute.

3. You, The Man, and the pets have to get out of town - fast - and you're not sure when (or if) you're coming back. What do you load up in the vehicle? Family pictures. Everything else is covered by insurance or can be shipped.

4. Where would you go on your ideal vacation? I would just stay home and spend time with the boys and Gidget. Maybe take a short jaunt to see my family up in Wisconsin.

5. If you could choose between living in the mountains or living near the ocean, which would you choose? Oh boy. I am a solitary soul, so probably living in the mountains, but I reserve the right to own homes in both places - I did win the Publisher's Clearinghouse, right?

So if anyone out there wants to participate, post a comment with the request for me to interview you. I will email you five fresh questions. Update your blog with the answers to the questions. Include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

5 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

$30,000 yikes! I'll take one too. I went to see flautist Rampal play a concert with his gold flute, wonder if it was a Powell...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see those flute prices. My parents bought me a Gemeinhardt back around 1964 for about $165.

Sheri said...

Lynn - you lucky dog! And I think JP is a Powell flautist.

Nina - I started on my mom's Gemeinhardt, had a so-so intermediate flute in high school, and got a Gemeinhardt 33SB in college, which I am still playing. Most flutes aren't quite as expensive as a Powell.

Anonymous said...

My old flute teacher, Mr. George Penshorn (RIP) thought the Gemeinhardts had better tone. I didn't see any prices on the Gemeinhardt web site so that's what made the Powell site so interesting.

Lynn Barry said...

The amazing thing (this concert I went to was about 25 years ago)was that JP performed with the flu. I though his face a bit red, and the next day sure enough the newspaper reported that he had the flu while in concert...amazing!