Friday, July 06, 2007

The Gidge gets a point across

No recipe tonight, I'm afraid. I pulled chicken out of the freezer to thaw, but am uninspired to do anything with it. So I am making myself a quick steak sandwich and fries for dinner.

I thought of something funny that happened last week that I thought I would share instead.

A week ago this past Thursday at lunchtime, I was at home letting Gidget out for her potty break. So I was standing in the backyard.

I should probably mention that since going gluten free at the end of October 2006, I have dropped some weight. Enough weight that all of my pants are at least two sizes too big. I should also mention that we live on a corner lot on a fairly busy street.

So, as I was saying, I was standing in the backyard, praising my girl for doing her business. Usually, I have a treat to give her, but I forgot to grab one. She came running to get the treat I didn't have, and was unhappy with me when I didn't deliver. The Gidge grabbed the cuff of my capri pants in her teeth.

And bared my ass to the neighborhood.

So. I hitched up my pants and called The Man to let him know that I would be hitting the mall for new clothing after work. Point taken, Gidge.

No comments: