Saturday, October 28, 2006

The beginning of the end

Two more days. Today and tomorrow.

Since August, every weekend has been devoted to the building, and then the running, of a Haunted Barn. The Man and I have been doing this for 4 years now, and while we love scaring the pants off of people, it's very tiring to put in long days at the office from Monday through Friday and then do the barn thing on Saturdays and Sundays for 8 to 9 hours each day.

Our Haunted Barn is part of a local pumpkin farm called Dollinger Family Farm, which has a corn maze, train rides, face painting...and a Haunted Barn. This all happens on weekends through the month of October.

So The Man and I come up with a floor plan, have friends help us build and put the spooky stuff in, and then on September 30th this year, we opened up. Local groups provide the ghosts and goblins and we run the show.

6 PM Sunday night will be very welcome. The Man took next week off of work so he plans to start tearing down all the walls and spooky stuff. It sure would be nice to have everything down before next weekend (so I don't have to help LOL).

So what do I eat during these long weekend days? Not a lot until we get home to whatever I may have thrown into the crockpot or lurks in the fridge for reheating. Usually I throw some rice cakes or similar snacks into a plastic bag and head out. The Man grabs bags of forbidden-to-me chips at the store before heading out. There's nothing at the farm for me to eat, so if I forget to pack something, I grow a pit the size of Texas in my stomach by the time we get home.

Today I am bringing some organic GF crackers from Mary's Gone Crackers. I love these things. If you haven't had these yet, try them!

No comments: