Friday, November 10, 2006

Cleaning out the fridge

Yesterday, I placed another order with my organic delivery service. What did I order? Another cookbook box, a free-range turkey for Thanksgiving (I have to cook for The Man and The Step-son because The Man is on call and has to work), and an Amish spiral-sliced ham for Christmas (because I am cooking for The Man's family on Christmas Eve, which is the day we get The Step-son).

What does this mean? This means "holy-crap-I-have-a-bunch-of-food-coming-again-and-I-need-to-do-something-with-what's-in-the-fridge-now!"

So this weekend's plans are to finish tearing down the barn, and cook/bake/freeze like a crazy person. I have 4 zucchini that will become bread, artichokes that will be steamed and eaten with butter, carrots that I have no idea what to do with right now other than chicken soup (which will use up the rest of the roasted chicken from the other night), turnips (dunno yet), apples, and pears. A clamshell of mixed baby greens. I am going to turn green from salads! I still have strawberries in there too, but I will probably just hull and freeze those.

The organic delivery service has an affiliation with another place called Natural Farms. This place carries a TON of GF stuff. As long as I order by a certain date, it gets delivered with my organic stuff. I love this because I can get enough food for 2 weeks and I don't even have to set foot out of the house, other than to get the boxes off the porch!

No comments: