Friday, December 01, 2006

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...



Pretty Christmas lights on our house after the first snow of the season.



The view from our back porch at about 10:00 this morning.

I'd keep singing, but there are no fires here. There's snow, though. Plenty of it. Well, not as much as places north of here got, but more than enough for the 1st snowfall of the season.





I had mentioned to a certain someone that he might want to get the snowblower out of the shed. He didn't. He was outside shoveling the 4 or so inches off the driveway when he got damn lucky - our neighbor brought home a plow truck and was cleaning off everyone's driveways.





Pretty stuff, as long as I don't have to go out in it. It took me 20 minutes to drive the 2 miles to my office this morning, and then 10 minutes after I got there, the power went out. So I waited a half hour to see if it would come back on (it didn't) and then schlepped back home. Which is nice, because I always seem to get twice as much done when no one can get a hold of me.





Leftover chili and cornbread tonight. My mission tomorrow - Christmas cookies.

No comments: