Friday, February 16, 2007

Bagels...bagels....!

I must have whined prettily enough over on Mike's blog because Enjoy Life got in touch with me and sent 2 goodie boxes to me, too. One of the things I got is something I miss mightily - bagels. Well, I don't miss bagels themselves, actually...I miss Bagel Bites. You know, those pizza-bagel things in the freezer section?

I told you before that I love pizza.

So tonight, even though I made myself a pizza last night (yes, pizza 2 days in a row - leave me alone LOL - blame it on PMS, k?), I used one of those precious, adorable, cute as all get-out bagels from Enjoy Life and made me some bagel bites.

I guess I should start this off by saying that when slathering pizza sauce and other pizza goodness over the top of something you want to truly taste-test, it doesn't work out so well. I was more interested in satisfying the pizza-taste craving to pay attention to the vehicle conveying that spiced yumminess to my mouth. However, I can tell you that that chewy texture that I associate with bagels is there.

The taste? I will let you know tomorrow, when I plan on eating one for breakfast with some homemade blueberry jam. And maybe some peanut butter.

Thank god I only buy natural peanut butter.

If it's not one thing lately with the food poisoning, it's another. Makes you wonder what the heck is going on in the plants that make our food, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Mike Eberhart said...

Glad to hear that you are getting a chance to try these products out. So far, I have been rather pleased with everything. I have not tried the Bagels (those weren't in my "kit"), but I know what I would compare them to -- the Glutino brand Sesame bagels I get at the corner GF store. They don't carry the E-L ones that I am aware. If those things compare favorably, you let me know and I'll track some down!

Can't wait to hear more about the bagels. Glad they did the trick for quick-pizza thus far!

Lynn Barry said...

Sure does...I have a big can of peanut butter with 2111 on it and now they are saying it might have salmonella...but WE ATE HALF OF IT...anyway, no one got sick so we are not going to through it out. Livin' on the edge...ha!
Have fun with your bagels!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sheri
About that peanut butter...didn't they say the stuff went on the market last summer? D'ya think that maybe that's what got everyone sick instead of spinach?? They never located the culprit spinach farm....makes ya wonder.
LucyD