Friday, August 31, 2007

Tropical (un)Wholesome Goodness

I am in a mood.

Imagine that.

I have been a good girl all week with the non-smoking thing. I have not had a drag. Not that I haven't thought about it. But I know that if I take one drag, it's all over.

And it's Labor Day weekend! Three days of busting butt at the barn (nice alliteration, huh?). We are one month from opening weekend and I am starting to get nervous.

Now, if the pictures I post below aren't there, I will fix it. Someone (-cough-TheMan-cough, cough-) neglected to pay the phone bill so I can't get at my Flickr account. Should be rectified shortly, and I will replace the pictures when I can get at them.

Let's see. What else is new, since my mind is on what's cooling on the counter right now. Oh yes. A new puppy shot for you...


And here's what's on my countertop, calling my name...




Banana Coconut Muffins
Adapted from a recipe on Epicurious

2/3 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca starch
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup butter, melted (I seem to be on a roll for high-fat recipes lately)
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a regular muffin tin or mini-muffin tin and set aside.

Sift together the flours, xanthan gum, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the butter, egg, bananas, sugar, vanilla, and coconut. Fold in the flour mixture until the flour is just moistened.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Bake until lightly browned, about 17 minutes for mini-muffins and 25 minutes for regular-sized muffins.

No comments: