Wednesday, November 07, 2007

These things actually happen in this house

From one minute to the next, I do not know what is going to come out of The Man's mouth. This morning, I was standing at the stove preparing my breakfast when he came up and said, "What are you doing?" Because I just love stating the obvious, I replied, "Cooking." His next question? I sit here shaking my head while remembering this one - "Cream of Wheat?"

Cream of Wheat.

CREAM OF WHEAT?

I swear - he really does know about the gluten thing. He brushes his teeth and rinses before he kisses me. But oh my God, sometimes the brain and the mouth just DON'T connect.

It was Cream of Rice with turbinado sugar and currants, by the way.

2 comments:

Li loves David said...

Too funny! This could have been a scene in my house. Thanks for sharing it!

~Li

PS You have the best blog name! And I really enjoy your writing! And happy birthday... :)

Sheri said...

Li & David, it's crazy, it's it? Sometimes I really feel like I need a baseball bat :-). Thanks on the blog name and birthday, too.