Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A timely song to sing


Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Just ate a lot of really good pork roast,
Happy Birthday to me.

I am now 36 years old. My body feels at times like it's 90. Right now, with this nasty cold that won't go away (I am back in the head-cold-phase of this entertainment), I fully expect body parts to curl up and fall off a la Geena Davis and Alec Baldwin in"Beetlejuice."

And anger is building. Can't wait to see how it's going to explode (grin). The Man parked his ass on the couch and allowed me to do the dishes from my birthday dinner. He yelled at The Gidge too...for barking. She's a dog. A little dog. That never sees The Man because he's never home. Hm. Think she's trying to get his attention or something?

End of snarkiness.

Back to dinner. Seriously, this is an excellent glaze - and the roast turned out incredibly tender and juicy.

Pork Roast with Brown Sugar & Persimmon Glaze
From my head

A 2-pound pork roast
A pinch of kosher salt
A few grinds of black pepper
1/4 cup persimmon pulp
1/2 tsp cinnamon
A slight pinch of ground cloves
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup water

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the roast in a baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place into the heated oven.

In a small saucepan, combine the persimmon pulp, cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar and water; whisk over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.

Remove the roast from the oven and pour the glaze over the top. Cover the pan with foil and return to the oven. Bake until cooked through (185 degrees), about an hour and a half.

3 comments:

Flamenco Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Your dinner looks lovely,
and it's my birthday too!
Hugs

Sheri said...

Thank you - and right back at you!

Lynn Barry said...

Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY! You always get my mouth watering with your fab pork recipes and pics. HUGS