Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ode to Crocs and other miscellany

First of all, I want to reiterate how sucky I am with a digital camera. This is brought home to me every time I take pictures and have to look at them, like what happened about 10 minutes ago. I gave up and what you see is what you get.


I bought my first pairs of Crocs yesterday. I got 1 pair with no holes and 1 pair with (pink, naturally). The last time I canned, I was on my feet for 5 hours and the dogs were barking really loudly. Before I started my raspberry experience this morning, I put on the pink pair (just in case I slopped raspberry goo on my feet). When finishing up with the last of the dishes at about 10:30, I realized that my feet did not hurt AT ALL. I have a new favorite shoe and desperately want to know how I can get away with wearing these at work.

Anywoo...

I made raspberry jam and raspberry-chocolate sauce from the Sure Jell website.

About 30 minutes ago, I wanted to taste the raspberry-chocolate stuff. So I poached a pear in water (with a cinnamon stick) and popped one of those cute little jars open.

Yum. A nice reward for being smoke-free for 5 hours.

The Man has been informed that there will be no cooking of large (or even medium....make that not even SMALL) proportions this evening. I am on kitchen strike until tomorrow. Unless I change my mind. Which has been known to happen.

No comments: