Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On top of spagheeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttti


All covered with cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
I lost my poor meatbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllll
When somebody sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezed.

Or not. Try to take-a my-a meat-a-ball-a and I-a guarantee I will-a stab-a your hand-a with a fork-a.

Sheri's Spaghetti Sauce

2-29 ounce cans of tomato sauce (I use one normal and one "chunky")
1-14 ounce can diced tomatoes
1 onion, finely diced for the finicky eaters in this house
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup finely chopped mushrooms (again with the finicky eaters)
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 cup red wine (I used merlot)
Meatball recipe of your choice (I used this)
Rice or corn spaghetti noodles

Heat a skillet with the olive oil; saute the onion, mushrooms, and garlic until onion is soft and garlic is lightly golden. Remove from the heat. Pour into the crockpot. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt, basil, oregano, thyme, and wine. Stir well to combine. Set the crockpot to cook as long as you need (mine has options for 4, 6, 8 and 10 hours). The longer, the better.

An hour before you want to eat, get those meatballs rocking. 15 minutes before serving, make your pasta.

Serve with GF garlic bread and shavings of fresh parmesan.

1 comment:

Lynn Barry said...

I could dive right into that pile with a fork (minus the cheese)...this recipe is a keeper. Thanks.