Saturday, May 12, 2007

A tree to remember a mother


Today, The Man, The Stepson, The Demon Dog and I planted a cherry tree in memory of The Man's mother.

When The Man's father passed away in November 1998, his mom planted a maple tree for him. She passed away in July 2003. We moved into her house (this house) in September but had a hard time deciding what kind of tree to plant for her. We wanted something fairly small that flowered.

Today, I found a cherry tree when out and about getting the rest of the flowers I needed to get into the ground. I called The Man and asked what he thought, since he is the one that mows the lawn and will have to deal with any cherries that fall before I can pick them. I got the green light and came home with a 5 foot tree.

We planted it today, together. Well, I directed. My body won't allow me to use a shovel any more without consequences.

We miss you, Nana J. Happy Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and step-mothers out there. I hope you have a wonderful day.

No comments: